We are looking for a Senior С++ Developer Embedded to join our client’s team on a freelance basis.
About the project:
C++ is the main programming language used on company projects. Candidates must be full stack and have experience in web APIs, web services, JSON, etc. Nearly all of our in-house applications either produce or consume web services. The TypeScript programming language is also used extensively within Node.JS environments. Experience in this area is a
plus, but not required, as the syntax used is “C-like” and there are extensive examples within our repositories to draw from as needed. Many of the services we interact with involve undocumented or legacy code, so patience and investigative skills to determine how a given remote API works and how to extract the needed information from it are key soft-skill requirements. As this is a senior-level position, applicants are expected to be able to write or implement the required applications from start to finish, including design of any needed protocols or schema.
Required skills include:
● Senior-level experience working in modern C++ (C++11 and newer)
● Working knowledge of relational databases. Emphasis on MySQL a plus.
● Working knowledge of HTTP and WebSocket protocols
● Demonstrable experience in unit testing
● At least Upper-Intermediate level of written and spoken English
The list below provides examples of additional tools and technologies currently used by the
backend development team. Applicants chosen for this position will eventually be exposed to most or all of the items listed below. This list is not a list of required skills or previous work experience but rather is a general survey of our stack to help applicants self-evaluate their interest level.
● TypeScript (within Node.JS)
● gtest (Google Test)
● Log aggregation, such as CloudWatch
Data and statistics provider with an emphasis on low-latency, real-time sports data feeds. The central system is maintained by a team of talented back-end developers, with the current team being from nearly a dozen different countries across the globe.
- Full-time workload on remote basis
- Project starts ASAP
- The project duration is 2+ months with possible prolongation
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience