We are looking for a DB Administrator and Database Developer to join our client's team on a subcontract basis.
About the project:
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our client. We are
looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new businesses by applying the best
practices and taking ownership. We are looking to extend our back-end team with a Senior Database Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable applications. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving a database that is used by a gaming platform system and an event-driven application operating on top of it. The technology it is built upon is SaltStack, Consul/Nomad, Java/Spring, and mySql. You will be a part of a friendly and open-minded team, enjoying an informal attitude and a high level of cooperation, so bring your positive mindset and be ready to smile while at work!
What we definitely expect from you:
- Experience in database development for more than 3 years;
- Experience in software development;
- Good knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, etc.);
- Database theory (RDBMS, NoSQL);
- Data structures;
- Architectural, Enterprise and Design Patterns;
- Security patterns, Reverse engineering resistance, Common attacks types (OWASP);
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Troubleshooting, profiling, performance optimization, and debugging SQL scripts in conjunction with Java application;
- Creation of database architecture for complex applications, platforms;
- Solid experience with maintenance, performance optimization of RDBMS (e.g
- MySQL/MariaDB/Percona XtraDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle) (more than 3 years);
- Strong understanding of ORM (e.g. Hibernate) usage with RDBS (more than 2 years);
- Solid experience with version control systems (GIT);
- Strong understanding of docker and containerization;
- Experience with CI/CD - (we are currently using GitLab, but any other system like Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins etc. will also count);
- Agile software processes and technologies;
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English is a must.
- Work on a remote basis
- Full-time or part-time workload
- Project starts ASAP after approval
- Duration 3 months with possible extension
- Worthy reward based on your skills and experience
Contact me to get more details:
If this sounds like you, we'd welcome your application!