We are looking for a Senior Ruby Engineer to join our client’s team on subcontract basis.
About the project:
We serve some of the most historically underserved users, many of whom have been stuck using unintuitive and clunky software for their whole careers. It's not uncommon that users spend 4-6 hours+ a day using and interacting with Groove. Our goal is to elevate the user and the work they can do.
We're looking for awesome, well-rounded engineers who want to take on big challenges, collaborate closely with others, grow a lot, and help shape the future of the company. You will have a direct influence on product and technology decisions and help define our culture as we change how companies and teams sell.
Our engineering organization is split into product-based squads. You'll be joining one of these squads and working most closely with each engineer and product manager within the squad.
What we definitely expect from you:
- 4+ years of professional software development experience with heavy use of all important Ruby on Rails, Java/J2EE, Python, or C#/.Net or equivalent web application frameworks
- 2+ years of professional performance engineering experience with large scale application performance tuning and benchmarking of millions of daily transactions and terabyte databases
- Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
- 2+ years of professional web application development experience that required heavy use of related commercial or open-source web application frameworks
- 2+ years of professional RDBMS development experience that leveraged complex SQL, DML, DDL, and well-designed schemas. Directly PostgreSQL experience is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL data management and analysis technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Pig, Hive, Redis, MemcacheD, Redshift, etc. is a plus
- Salesforce Development experience (Apex, LWC, Visualforce, SOQL) is a plus
- Chrome Extensions Development experience is a plus
- You value writing tests, pairing, and making an impact on end-users
- You enjoy white-boarding data models and workflows with others
- You've built and supported things that operate in production and at scale
- You seek the best solution given real-life constraints - not the best academic answer.
- You communicate well
- You take initiative and ownership by identifying issues and fixing them or communicating them with the team without being asked
- You're intellectually curious
- You're passionate about building technology to help the workflows of a historically neglected user-base
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a personal track record of lifelong learning
Requirements - Technology Skills:
- Excellent OR mapping and RDBMS engineering skills on MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, and/or Oracle to include high proficiency with SQL, DDL, stored procedures, and schema design
- Fluency in web services / API standards, technologies and tools (e.g. XML, SOAP/REST, GraphQL, etc.), experienced in architecting enterprise-class web services and API
- Must possess theoretical and proven practical mastery of programming and design patterns, beyond the normal MVC etc.
- Familiar with Salesforce platform / APEX development
- Familiar with Chrome Extension development
- Full-time workload on remote basis
- Project starts ASAP after approval
- Duration - Long-Term
- Worthy reward based on your skills and experience
Contact me to get more details:
If this sounds like you, we'd welcome your application!