We are looking for a QA Consultant/Team Leader to join our client’s team on a subcontract basis.
The Client is a leading B2B fintech company with offices in Kenya and Dubai is seeking to employ a senior manager to create and lead the Quality Assurance team.
The Client provides B2B digital lending solutions for emerging markets in partnership with mobile and digital wallet operators and financial service providers. The Client supports 24 operations in 23 countries, across Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Our key office locations are in Nairobi, Kenya and Dubai, UAE.
Our flagship products are Advance Credit Service (ACS), Nano and eBNPL.
- ACS is an airtime or data advance offered to prepaid mobile subscribers at the point of low credit
- Nano is a micro cash advance offered to mobile wallet users on demand
- eBNPL is a prepaid electricity token lending solution
As a FinTech company, our business is entirely technology and data driven, from determining subscriber eligibility, generating relevant offers, managing risk, loan issuance, recovery, optimising performance and reporting, reconciliation and billing.
Each day we process approximately 21M loan requests and 1.4 TB of data across our markets. This process needs to be robust, reliable and secure.
But it doesn’t end there. We’re exploring new ways of using our platform and transactional data to improve our products and develop new product opportunities.
The engineering team is responsible for the design, development, maintenance and enhancement of the core applications. This includes the core lending and recovery applications, messaging, the service gateway, revenue assurance and interfaces into external vendor platforms and services.
Reporting directly to the CTO, and liaising with the QA team all currently based in Nairobi, Kenya.
You will be an expert in quality assurance and be instrumental in the creation and oversight of our QA and automation team.
Your focus will also be to lead the strategy and implementation of our integration and user acceptance testing and automation. In addition, you will facilitate releasing quality software with high confidence in the adherence to business requirements.
You will collaborate closely with solution architects, engineering leads, project managers, infrastructure leads, and other partners to launch new features/applications and drive enhancements to existing products.
Personality of a LendTech team member
You will be:
- Passionate about deploying innovative customer centric products that exceed customer expectation in terms of quality and delivery
- Proud of your work but always believing the best is yet to come
- Able to take criticism positively and to learn from mistakes
- Able to self critique and analyse and be motivated to constantly improve and develop both professionally and personally
- High attention to detail
- See process, procedure and documentation as tools to support excellence
- Customer focused and understands the business we are operating in
- Shows leadership and enthuses others to achieve their potential and create a positive atmosphere
- Passionate about growing talent and motivating others to produce their best work
- 5+ years of experience in leading quality assurance testing teams, including manual and automated testing
- Experience in designing and creating automated QA tests and infrastructure in a CI/CD environment
- Ability to balance project work at the ‘start up’ stage while also driving longer-term QA strategy in support of a scaling business
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- English - Upper-Intermediate
Nice to have:
- Solid experience with languages/frameworks/tools (Java, Clojure, Python, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience in management of containerised and orchestration solutions such as Kubernates/Docker
- Experience in Linux OS variants such as Debian and SQL (PostGresDB).
- Experience in testing server based applications with complex integrations into Mobile Networks, Banking Systems and other third part applications relating to credit scoring and loan book management to identify software defects and end-to-end issues.
- Knowledge of Data Security, Secure Coding, Encryption, Multi-tenancy, Scalability, and High Availability
- Solid understanding of payment industry and multi-channel commerce space
- Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for web development, APIs on diverse platforms (cloud, on prem)
- Analyzing network console data using tools such as Wireshark
- Load/stress testing and tools such as Jmeter
- Database performance optimisation tools such as PGCluu
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- At least one SCM tool (Git, Bitbucket, etc)
- Plan and manage QA resources, effort distribution, and progress tracking
- Define and drive project, product and market test strategies, test planning and design, tooling, execution, and reporting
- Develop and enforce a standard process for testing all software releases that include automation into the software build, test, and release process
- Establish a data-driven approach to ensure software quality can be tracked, together with the ability to communicate metrics that provide clarity on product performance
- Establish a robust and consistent process of reporting and tracking issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering teams to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues.
- Track industry trends related to software testing tools and methodologies to drive continuous improvement to the development and deployment of test technologies, automation framework, test tools, or methods
- The full-time workload on a remote basis
- Start - ASAP
- Duration - 6+ months
If you think you are the right person, we'd welcome your application!